A dehumidifier rental can save your property. Any time you have flooding in your house whether it is from rain flooding or from pipes leaking, it is imperative that you get it cleaned up as quickly as possible. If the flooring and walls that were saturated do not get fully dried and cleaned up, you could have a much bigger and dangerous problem on your hand from the development of mold and mildew. This is why dehumidifier rentals are so important. Mold and mildew can both cause respiratory health problems and can be chronic until the mold or mildew is completely eradicated. Mold and mildew need a warm damp environment to grow it is essential to be very quick about cleaning up after a flood.
Sometimes you can get away with just a few house fans, although they may take a day or two to completely dry the carpet and padding and walls, it can sometimes be enough. However, it is not always enough, and it can be very inconvenient to wait a few days with out a bedroom or necessary living space. So it is often worth the extra expense to go ahead and rent a fan (also called air movers, air circulators, and ventilators). And no matter why you choose to go with drying everything out, once everything is mostly dry and you think you are ready to put all the carpet and furniture back, Wait! You need to rent a dehumidifier and dehumidify the whole area to be sure it is not conducive to mold growth.
In humid climates you may find yourself in need of a dehumidifier rental even if there hasn’t been any flooding in the house. Warm humid weather is the perfect breeding grow for molds and mildews. Other times, people may have swamp coolers rather than air conditioning units – they can create environments conducive to mold as well, because they are humidifiing the air to create a cooling effect.
There are two basic types of dehumidifiers for rent, a desiccant dehumidifier and refrigeration-type dehumidifier. A desiccant dehumidifier uses a material called a desiccant. A desiccant is a material that has a natural affinity to humidity. They like to hold moisture. There are several different types of desiccants used in dehumidifying. A desiccant dehumidifier rental works by having an fan intake causing the humid air to pass over the desiccant material. That air is then pushed back out of the machine as dry air. The machine then provides a second heated air stream over the desiccants to dry it out. This air stream is heated before going over the desiccant material as heating lowers the humidity of air. Therefore these dehumidifiers consume heat energy to produce the dehumidifying effect. The disadvantage to these types of dehumidifier is that through the dehumidification process, it can become less and less effective as the desiccants slowly become more and more saturated and not able to completely “dry out” with the dry air cycles. So there may be need to take a breaks occasionally for full effectiveness with this type of dehumidifier.
Refrigeration-type humidifiers work with cold energy to produce the dehumidifying effect. Just as the name implies, they work just as a refridgerator. The moist, warm air is drawn into the machine by a fan. It initially passes over a cold coil. This coil imediately condenses the water vapor in the air. Droplets of water form on the coil and drip into an available drip pan. The air is then pushed into a heat exchanger in order to heat up the air and therefore drying out the air further before it is pushed back out into the room. The disadvantage of this type of dehumidifier is that the coil can acatually build up frost as it gets colder and colder being turned on for long periods of time. Because the frost can build up, this machine will usually have a “defrost” cycle that kicks in when the frost has built up to a certain point. However, because of this problem, these machines can sometimes take longer to get there.
Dehumidifier rentals are cheap. They cost from $15 to $30 per day to rent. It is well worth it and ends up being much cheaper to avoid any potential problems from mildew and mold.
Some Reasons to Rent a Dehumidifier
A dehumidifier is a household appliance that basically reduces humidity in the air. If you don’t know one, you can easily rent a dehumidifier. Houses near the seashore or if you are living near the equator would not be surprised at all with the word “humidity.” Most dehumidifier rentals are inexpensive and can save you a lot of money in the long run by preventing water damage.
Humidity is the moisture content found in the air. When it is about to rain, humidity is high making the atmosphere hot and stifling. A dehumidifier rental helps to get rid of humidity in the air. Too much of this in a long period of time is not good. This is why you should consider renting a dehumidifier.
This machine is very useful and easy to use. It can be rented so easily in any home equipment rental stores.
Rented dehumidifier is a practical and advantageous:
1. It removes humidity that encourages the growth or fungi and mildew. These are one of the top causes of asthma and respiratory diseases. When fungi release their spores, some become airborne and are inhaled by you. Remove humidity, you discourage their growth.
2. Rooms with high humidity become stuffy. This will contribute to poor sleep, which will eventually lead to numerous consequences like low resistance, bad disposition, short temper and many more.
3. Drying laundry in high humidity is also a problem. The air can hold only as much as water vapor before it reaches its saturation point where evaporation is no longer possible, and then it rains. Rooms with high humidity are not ideal for drying your laundry in.
4. Some household insects become active when humidity is high. Some of these are clothes moths which will lay eggs in your closets. When the eggs hatch, the larvae will feed on your clothes, especially cotton, silk and wool. Also, cockroaches love humid places. Another insect that loves high humidity is the flea. So, before you got your clothes eaten or food contaminated and you begin to itch because of flea-bites, prevent their growth and multiplication; rent a dehumidifier.
5. Also, respiratory diseases such as asthma are triggered by warm, stifling air. Coupled with fungal spores, these contribute to a potent brew of asthma triggers. This disease is sometimes fatal, especially to children and elderly people who have weak resistance. Complications could include bronchitis and pneumonia.
6. Lastly, humidity will dramatically cut-down your property’s life-span. Moisture in the air can make your wooden floor, ceiling or wall to warp. Paints will start to flake off the wall. These are just some of humidity’s results if not prevented early.